Friday, March 4, 2011

Molten Hot Wings Ruffles

Among my favorite chips are Doritos, Cheetos, and most kinds of kettle chips. Others include Funyuns, and Lay's potato chips aren't too far behind. However, the chips that would be somewhere on the bottom of my list are Ruffles. I'm not sure why I don't like Ruffles as much as other chips. When I eat them, the taste is fine. I think the one of the main reasons why I don't like Ruffles is because they're a bit harder than other chips. Plus something about the ridges throws me off.

That doesn't mean, however, that I won't be willing to try any of their new endeavors. Enter Molten Hot Wings flavor. Besides the picture on the front, you wouldn't know that this was a new flavor of Ruffles. Other chips such as Doritos and Lay's tend to color coat their bags according to the flavors. With a bold new flavor such as Molten Hot Wings, I would think they'd make it flashier. However, it's not the bag of the chip that matters, but rather the chip itself.

A Molten Hot Wings Ruffle

Initially, the flavor was like that of Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffle. However, the smell and flavor of buffalo wings came through. The flavor was good. What would have made this chip even better is if they had some kick. Even though it has the word molten in the name, there was VERY LITTLE spice. You could eat half a bag and not notice any sort of heat coming from the chip. I think you could recreate this flavor by mixing a bag of Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles with some Frank's Red Hot Sauce. This was a solid flavor, but I would have liked it to have lived up to its molten name.

Molten Hot Wings Ruffles: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment