Monday, January 18, 2010

So this is the new year (18 days later)

I'm going to start the new year off with a downer: Reese's Select Clusters are awful. Unlike Reese's Select Cremes, which I will praise in a future post, Reese's Clusters are undeniably my worst candy surprise of 2010 thus far.


Being under the guise of a fancier Reese's candy, I had great expectations for this candy. I had already had Reese's Cremes, which were delightful, so I decided to try its Cluster counter-part. What I encountered was something terrible. As soon as I bit in I noticed, "There's peanuts in here...whole pieces..." I also noticed that the peanuts were lacking in flavor and dry. I continued to chew and also noted, "The components of this candy seem oddly familiar...and unappetizing." I discovered to my chagrin that these were Baby Ruths. I jest not, these candies are simply a more expensive version of the hated Baby Ruth candy bars that I started with in my opening post. As I looked in disgust, I was glad that the candy was on sale for only $3 as opposed to its usual $4. I can at least go back and purchase two bags of Reese's Select Cremes. Skip this candy if you are like me and not a fan of Baby Ruths.

No comments:

Post a Comment