Friday, November 6, 2009

Hershey Cookies n Mint, and the candy graveyard


As the varieties of Hershey's Kisses expands, the Hershey's chocolate bar has stayed pretty much the same. At the average candy section of a store you'll find Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, Hershey's with Almonds, and Hershey's Cookies n Cream. The fun-size extras include Hershey's Dark Chocolate, Hershey's Caramel, and Hershey's Cookies n Milk Chocolate. However, an often overlooked and forgotten Hershey's candy bar is the Hershey's Cookies n Mint. Admittedly I was never a fan of this candy bar, and it's probably people like me that made it unsuccessful. If I recall I didn't like the cookies part too much because they were like the cookie part of an Oreo, not very flavorful. With the original Milk Chocolate having much more flavor, it's no wonder that I would prefer them over Cookies n Mint.

I don't think I've ever had a "fresh" Cookies n Mint bar. I always recall the wrappers and the candy being "dusty". I don't mean dusty as in truly dusty, but I mean that they seemed old and seemed as if they sat around and carried dust. I'd like to go back in time and remember this candy bar, but unfortunately it was never really a favorite of mine so I don't have a strong recollection of it.

Bonus extinct candy:

Now THIS is a candy I remember well, Crispy M&M's defined my middle school and high school life. These were M&M's with a crispy rice center. After a while they went away and I never really noticed, even though I did enjoy them. I'm not sure where it ranks on my list of favorite M&M's, but Peanut Butter is still king. M&M's began dabbling in things like Dark Chocolate M&M's and such, which I say was a step in the right direction.Instead of experimenting with M&M Premiums, I say that M&M's should be filled with crazier things. Well not necessarily crazy things, but I'd like to see Caramel M&M's. Maybe one day they'll have the balls to try more coconut chocolate candies. Whatever the case, I wish I could re-try these extinct candies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment