Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Takis Fuego

For some time I've wanted to do a piece of Takis. Ever since a student brought them in and other students have started liking them, I felt that this was worth investigating. One student named them, "Fake Hot Cheetos". Regardless of whether they would be like Hot Cheetos or not, I love Hot Cheetos. Just putting that out there. Anyway, this product comes in different flavors like guacamole and...well I'm not sure. I'll have to double-check the next time I'm at 7-11.


This bag is certainly different from a Cheetos bag. It's more along the lines of a Doritos bag if you ask me. Apparently I get some sort of prize for eating these. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe my bag was defective. Anyway, there are 80 cards, and I should collect them all. I'll make sure to take not of that


A Taki resting on the bag. Notice how it looks like a rolled up tortilla

When I ate this, I noticed the lime flavor immediately. I think that's the most dominant flavor with this chip. The heat doesn't really come on unless you eat many of them in succession. The texture of the chip is reminiscent of a rolled up and deep fried tortilla. It's definitely different from a Hot Cheeto. It just tasted and felt different in general; I would not have called these "Fake Hot Cheetos". They were definitely good, but maybe they were just a too heavy on the lime.

I feel compelled to try the guacamole flavored ones because I have a feeling that they might taste better than these. Guacamole makes almost every savory food better in general. Anyway, if you'd like to change up your chip routine, I would recommend trying these as they're pretty darn good.

Takis Fuego: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment