Friday, February 19, 2010

Easter Candy Kick-off (now with my own pictures!)

My next entry will address another candy driven holiday: Easter. Ever since I started going to elementary school I've always associated Easter with candy due to school fundraisers. Now that I'm older, I still associate Easter with candy. It's right behind Christmas and Halloween when it comes to candy. In-fact, I much prefer Easter candy to Halloween candy because candy given out during Halloween is just regular candy in a different wrapper, whereas Easter candy is brightly colored and covered in candy shells. There are also chocolate rabbits distributed during Easter and until there are chocolate pumpkins during Halloween, Easter wins.

Now I went to my local Target and picked up the following items: Orange Creme Kisses, Coconut Creme Kisses, and Hershey Bliss Milk Chocolate Eggs.

Orange Creme Kisses

Notice the gold and orange wrapper, reminiscent of a combination of Almond Kisses wrappers combined with Caramel Kisses Wrappers.


What's under the wrapper.


No delicious filling, only more orange and creme.

Basically the Orange Creme Kisses are as they are named: orange creme. Imagine white chocolate with a tinge of orange flavor and you get the idea. It isn't my favorite flavor of Kisses seeing as how I'm not a big fan of orange and chocolate. However, if you love orange and white chocolate, you should definitely give this a try.

Next: Coconut Creme Kisses

Notice the fancy blue wrapper.


The exterior looks pretty much like a regular Hershey's Kiss. The inside is filled with shredded coconut.

So this is like a Mounds Bar except the coconut is a bit drier. If you like Mounds or Almond Joys, I would give this a try, but if you hate shredded coconut stay away from this variety of Kiss. If you're impartial, it's worth a try as well.


Finally, for now: Hershey's Bliss Milk Chocolate Egg


The wrapper comes in different colors, I just decided to choose blue.

I accidentally deleted the picture of the chocolate itself, but imagine a miniature chocolate egg. There you go.

So this candy was as expected: it's an egg shaped Hershey's Bliss Milk Chocolate candy. There were no surprises with this candy. If you like Hershey's Bliss, then this candy is the same as that.

Expect more to come, or don't, I'm not really sure if I'm going to do another Easter candy piece or if I'll finally get around to doing foreign candy. Maybe a little from column A, a little from column B.

No comments:

Post a Comment