Monday, November 9, 2009

Reese's Pieces, a superior candy, unless you're allergic


If I were to be asked what my favorite candy was, I'm not sure I could answer that question and be totally sure with my answer. However, I can say with that one of my favorite candies are Reese's Pieces. When I go watch a movie at the theaters, all I need is a large popcorn, large soda, and a big ol' bag of Reese's Pieces. However, if it's going to be a lot of Reese's Pieces I'd much prefer a box. A box is much better because it doesn't tear like a bag.

Much like an M&M, a Reese's Piece has a candy shell. However, the similarities pretty much end there. Unlike M&M's which come in a myriad of colors, Reese's Pieces come in the colors of orange, yellow, and brown. Also, unlike M&M's which are filled with chocolate, Reese's Pieces are filled with what they call peanut butter. I have my doubts about the peanut butter because it is unlike the peanut butter most people are accustomed to. Regular peanut butter often has a salty taste that accompanies the sweet taste. In other candies the peanut butter also has a slightly salty taste. In fact the peanut butter in Peanut Butter M&M's has an overly salty taste in my estimation. The peanut butter found in Reese's Pieces is just all sweet. Regardless of whether they really use real peanut butter or some delicious peanut paste, all I know is it's delicious.

There are also Reese's Pieces with Peanuts for those who really love peanuts. Unfortunately, I haven't seen them in stores lately and I think they've been discontinued. They weren't my favorite candy anyway, but Reese's Pieces have been the same for so long that it's nice to see variety, even if what entails isn't the best. Also blah blah blah something about ET loving Reese's Pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment