Saturday, February 4, 2012

Puré Gummy

I haven’t done one of these in a while, so excuse me if it’s a bit unrefined. Have I stopped eating candy? No, I haven’t. It’s just that I’ve gotten a bit lazy when it comes to writing about candy, but no worries, I’m back.

Let’s get things started with Puré Gummy candies. What you’ll notice next to the label are tiny words indicating that this candy has a sour taste. I didn’t notice those words until I started eating them, so some of them were quite a surprise.

Lime Soda, Bitter Orange Squash, Muscat, Lemon Cola

So of all the Puré Gummy candies shown, which flavor which one was my favorite? Well, I’d have to say that Lemon Cola was the best because I didn’t expect it to taste so much like lemon cola. Squeeze some lemon juice into your cola and you’ll get something that’s different from what you’re used to. My next favorite was the grape flavored one. Muscat flavored gummies are generally good, but by adding that extra hint of sour, they’ve made Muscat even better. Next up would be the Bitter Orange Squash flavor. This would be tied with the Lemon Cola flavor for having the most intense flavors. It’s mostly sour and will remind you of grapefruit, but there are hints of bitter every now and then. The only reason why I would put Lime Soda last is because it didn’t really have a distinct or strong flavor. If you’re looking for something more subtle, then Lime Soda is your flavor.

Overall, these were good, especially if you like sour candy. The only thing that I could knock them on is being pretty expensive, but if you’re not bothered by paying a little bit more than usual for something new, you should check these out.

Puré Gummy: 8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment