Saturday, April 7, 2012

7-Eleven Salted Caramel Donut

Today, I found myself doing something I don't do very often: getting donuts from there. Typically, I get a soda or some snacks for my students there, but rarely do I indulge in their donuts. I guess it's because I always figured that local donut shops do things better, so why bother with convenience store donuts? However, today was a different day. 7-Eleven had thrown something at me that I had to try out.

A Salted Caramel Donut

I don't think I've seen salted caramel donuts at any of the local donut shops. I love salty and sweet combinations, so I had to try one of these. Before I took my first bite, I was expecting the worst. How could 7-Eleven make a donut as good as a donut shop can? How well could they do salted caramel? With my first bite, I was pleasantly surprised. Now, the texture was a bit, shall I say, gummier than other donuts I've had. This is probably so the donuts last longer. However, despite the texture, I found myself liking the flavor of this donut. They did the whole salty-sweet thing pretty well, and this exceeded my expectations. Here's hoping that local donut shops start making these or 7-Eleven getting the texture right.

7-Eleven Salted Caramel Donut: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I would really like your post ,it would really explain each and every point clearly well thanks for sharing.
    1991 Subaru Legacy AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete