Friday, April 6, 2012

McDonald's Strawberry & Creme Pie

I don't often go to McDonald's for food. I go there quite often for a large Diet Coke, but rarely do I go for the food. I've always meant to try things such as Chicken McBites, but I haven't had enough motivation to do so. However, I was VERY interested when one of my friends spoke very highly of McDonald's Strawberry & Creme Pie. I had never heard of these "signature" pies, as I usually just order a large Diet Coke and get out, but I guess they're a new thing.

The box for the pie was very nondescript. My friend said that this was, "probably the best McDonald's pie". These were very bold words. Usually when people say things like this, you're in for some disappointment. When someone hypes something up for you, your expectations are raised, and afterward you're left asking yourself, "Was that it?" I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case with this.


A Strawberry & Creme Pie broken in half

The first thing I noticed is that the strawberry and the cream were exposed on the top of the pie. I also noticed that there was one side that was just strawberry and the other side was just creme. The flavor was quite good as it wasn't too sweet; the cream cut the sweetness of the strawberry. The texture of the crust was also good, as I feel like it was a bit lighter than a regular McDonald's pie. Overall, I'd say that my friend's claim was correct, as I don't think this was the greatest thing ever, but it is the greatest of the McDonald's pies. One minor downside is that it costs $0.89, which is a bit more than apple pies which cost $0.50.

McDonald's Strawberry & Creme Pie: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment