Sunday, March 27, 2011

Godiva Gems: Ice Cream Parlor Dark Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles

Alright, so the title may be the longest title I've posted so far. At Target there was a stand with Godiva products separate from the other candy, so I wondered why this was. The items on this rack were a bit pricier than the other candy items, which was understandable, since it's from Godiva. I argue that they could have put these products next to the Lindt and Ghiradelli products, but I'm not in charge. Anyway, seeing a new line of candy at Target, I figured I had to try it.


I decided that the first product I would try would be these. Chocolate and mint is almost always a good combination, or at the very least, never a bad combination. This bag is a bit bigger than a bag of Lindt truffles, so I assume that's why they're a bit more expensive. Speaking of Lindt truffles, this bag reminds me of Lindt truffles, as does the candy depicted on the front. No matter, Skittles and M&Ms have the same packaging and shape, and they're worlds apart.


A wrapped Godiva Gem


A gem cut in half


The filling was not what I expected. I was expecting a rich, buttery taste, but what I got was something a bit fancier than a Junior Mint. The chocolate was solid, but as stated before, the filling was lacking. As time went on, I could see how the candy SORT OF resembled mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it wasn't close enough of a resemblance for me. However, I recall Lindt's attempt at making a dark chocolate and mint filling truffle, which I didn't like too much either. Perhaps, the epitome of dark chocolate and mint is found in an Andes chocolate thin mint.


Godiva Gems: Ice Cream Parlor Dark Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment