Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3 Musketeers Cherry

No, I'm not dead yet, I just had a VERY relaxing week off which consisted mostly of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Anyway, Valentine's Day was many weeks ago, and when I bought these candies, a few days had already passed. Who can pass up candy that's more than 30 to 50% off? I know I can't, so here's a write-up on one of them.

3 Musketeers is not my favorite chocolate bar. If I had a choice between this and any other chocolate bar, I'd probably choose the other bar, but not if the other bar was a Baby Ruth. It's not that 3 Musketeers is terrible, it's just that it's just not good. The chocolate fluff is boring and the flavor is forgettable. A plain chocolate bar is preferable over a 3 Musketeers bar in my opinion. However, as you can see, this is a cherry flavored 3 Musketeers bar. They have Mint 3 Musketeers which is better than the regular 3 Musketeers. That's available year-round though, so I figured at a discounted price, 3 Musketeers worth giving a shot.

A fun-size 3 Musketeers Cherry cut in half

This is definitely the best of the 3 Musketeers bunch in my opinion. The cherry flavor isn't too overpowering like that of a cherry cordial. The cherry essence is a nice compliment to the the dark chocolate flavor. Neither flavor dominates, and both are able to mix very well. The cherry fluff gives a sweet fruity flavor while the dark chocolate holds it back from being too sweet. While, this was good, I could see it becoming disgusting after too many. It is better than regular 3 Musketeers though, and because of it's unique, seasonal flavor, I might choose this over a different candy bar.

3 Musketeers Cherry: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment