Saturday, June 11, 2011

Big Cherry

Cherry and chocolate is a combination rarely seen outside of cherry cordials. Many people like chocolate. Many people have a preference for cherry when they eat fruit candies. Why not combine the two? Keeping in theme with candy you don’t really come across very often, I decided to write about another one.

Big Cherry certainly would be a big cherry if it were really that big. However, it is a cherry surrounded by cherry syrup, covered in chocolate, and sprinkled with nuts for good measure. I’m not a big fan of cherry cordials, but I am a big fan of adventure when it comes to food.

This looks kinda bad

Oh my...

Welp

Well, it tastes better than it looks is all I have to say. The chocolate wasn’t an enjoyable experience as it was far too nutty for my liking. Honestly, every bite was too nut-laden to enjoy the chocolate. The syrup was a bit too sweet for my liking and didn’t lend enough cherry flavor or smell. The cherry was a cherry drowned in syrup and dying of sugar asphyxiation. This was not a very enjoyable candy for me, but if you enjoy cherry flavored candies then you could give it a try.

Big Cherry: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment