Saturday, July 23, 2011

Twix Coconut

Coconut is a touchy subject for some people. Some love it, some hate it. When I'm talking about coconut, I'm not talking about the fresh kind, I'm talking about the flavoring you find in candy of course. There are some people that love Almond Joys, while others may have a strong dislike for it. However, what would happen if you were to mix coconut with a beloved candy bar?

It's hard not to like Twix. Flavor wise, it's delicious. Texturally, it combines chewy and crunchy in a pleasing fashion. The only Twix variety I see a lot of in stores that isn't Original is Twix PB, so Twix Coconut is a bit of a risk, but it's Twix so it has to be good, right?

Cross section of a Twix Coconut bar

Texturally, this is still the Twix you know and love. However, when it comes to flavor, you have to ask yourself, "Do I like Twix more or do I like coconut flavoring more?" Well, if you like Twix more, you might not like this as much as Twix Original just because the coconut flavoring pretty much overwhelms everything else. I happen to like coconut, so I didn't mind it at all, but if you have an aversion to coconut this won't be your favorite. Overall, this is was good, but I think I would prefer Twix Original.

Twix Coconut: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment