Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bananko w/ guest input from Chris

This entry is long overdue, but better late than never. When my friend, Chris, came back from New York, I stated that we should check out the European market I had found out about. Amongst the many curious items there, the one that Chris chose was a chocolate bar named, "Bananko". My other friend, Roger, also got a Bananko bar. The shopkeeper was nice enough to give us each the Bananko bars for free, but he did tell us that the "Kinder" brand was the best chocolate manufacturer in his country.


A picture of the Bananko wrapper. There's a Diddy Kong lookalike on the wrapper. I'm not a big fan of banana flavored candies, so I wasn't too thrilled about this. However, the fact that it was free did entice me a bit more.


Chris holding his bitten Bananko

When Chris first tried the Bananko, he stated, "Did they put a f*cking banana in here or something?" After that, I knew that I had to try it. I quickly unwrapped my bar and took a bit. Lo and behold, it does indeed seem as if they put a "f*cking banana" in there. I don't know how they did it, but they really captured the taste of a banana in the filling. The chocolate wasn't memorable, but it wasn't bad. The filling is probably the most remarkable thing about the bar because it really does taste as if they jammed a banana in there. I would give this bar a 3.5/5.0 because I'm not a fan of banana (which would have given it a 2 at most), but the fact that they got the banana flavor so dead on made it quite amazing.

Bananko - 3.5/5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment