Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kasugai Gummy: Mangosteen

I'll admit, the mangosteen is a fruit I'm not really familiar with. It's one of the fruits where I would have to eat it to know if I ate it before or not. I've heard they're very good. One could argue that if I've had a mangosteen before, then I would definitely know what they taste like. You know what fruit is delicious that some people aren't familiar with? The cherimoya. Cherimoyas are delicious and everyone should try it. It's somehow sweet, sour, and custard like all at the same time.

Anyway, the other day, while I was shopping at an Asian market, I noticed that there was a new flavor of Kasugai Gummy. Kasugai Gummies are individually wrapped fruit flavored gummy candies. While they are good, I'm not that big a fan because they don't last that long. The new flavor was mangosteen. I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to see what a mangosteen flavored candy was like.


This bag shows a picture of what a mangosteen looks like. The bag states that the mangosteen has the perfect combination of sour and sweet, and that mangosteen is considered the "Queen of Fruits". Considering that the the durian is called the "King of Fruits", it would be really interesting to see what happened if they had a baby


An individually wrapped gummy candy. There's some sort of secret code above the English writing


An unwrapped Kasugai Gummy

To be honest, the flavor reminded me of peach. While I love peach, I was disappointed that this didn't have as unique a flavor as I thought it would. Also like all the other Kasugai Gummy candies, they don't last very long, as they're meant to be chewed. I'll have to try a mangosteen to see what the fuss is all about. There's nothing special about this candy other than the hype on the front of the bag. Now if they made a durian flavored Kasugai Gummy, that would be special.

Kasugai Gummy Mangosteen: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment