Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate & Strawberry Squares

As mentioned in the previous entry, Ghiradelli is one of the very few chocolate brands that's putting out a strawberry and chocolate combination for Valentine's Day.


The packaging is obviously geared toward Valentine's Day. I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan of Ghiradelli. Despite them being known exclusively for their chocolate, I just find that their products fall flat, especially in the face of Lindt and Hershey's Bliss line. Their chocolate seems to not have the extra richness that I like in my chocolate. Maybe some like their chocolate to boast a strong chocolate taste, but I like mine to have more than just that. However, they did put out a strawberry and chocolate square, so I must commend them for that. I also like their seasonal product such as their Egg Nog and Peppermint Bark squares.

The horror that is inside each square

The flavor of the chocolate was okay, not good, but just okay. The filling reminded me of cherry and raspberry flavors more than it did of strawberry. That was a bit disappointing. Some parts that seemed to ooze with filling didn't even give off a hint of fruit, which was somewhat confusing as well. Overall, I applaud Ghiradelli's attempt to cash in on Valentine's Day, but overall they produced something that was just okay, and not very good.

Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate & Strawberry Squares: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment