Monday, January 31, 2011

Lindt Lindor Truffles: Milk Chocolate & Smooth White Filling

Valentine's Day is a few weeks away, but for the past month or so, stores have been stocking their shelves with Valentine's Day candy. As mentioned previously, Valentine's Day candy is, more often than not, regular candy that's packaged in red and pink and priced a few cents to a few dollars more than their non-holiday counterparts. Lindt is one of my favorite chocolate makers, and they also have capitalized on this. I decided to see if there was any merit behind them listing some of their products as "Limited Edition"


I'm pretty sure that "milk chocolate & smooth white filling" is a flavor that they have put out before. It is also a product that will generate many jokes from kids in middle school and up. Despite this, I decided that in the spirit of Valentine's Day, it would only be proper if I took a go at this and reviewed. Regardless if it's really a limited edition flavor, I haven't written about it before, so it was worth a try either way.


The chocolate ball cut in half

Like most Lindt chocolates, this didn't disappoint. The filling was creamy and gave a slightly buttery taste. The flavor was exceptional and not too sweet. However, how was this a limited edition flavor? Again, they're probably just trying to capitalize on Valentine's Day being around the corner, so they probably decided to put out an already existing product and labeling it as limited edition. I would like to see Lindt put out something with strawberry or cherry filling perhaps to reflect Valentine's Day. They have a raspberry flavor out, so I suppose that's sort of a change. Ghiradelli chocolate has put out a dark chocolate and strawberry flavor, which I will write about later, and I would like to see Lindt put one out as well. Anyway, in regards to THIS product, it is like other Lindt chocolates and is a better than most of the chocolate you'll find sitting next to it in on the shelves.

Lindt Lindor Truffles: Milk Chocolate & Smooth White Filling: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I was just wondering if you can remember whether the wrappers for this particular flavour were unusual at all (i.e. not just plain pink)? I can't really tell from the picture but do they have gold bits on as well? I've tried the flavour from a different bag (v. nice, as ever!) but also collect the wrappers of different flavours to make coasters of so wanted to check before I bought them. Thanks in advance! : ) H.

    ReplyDelete