Thursday, January 24, 2013

Not too long after my last post, I found myself at Safeway. While walking through their mixes and powdered drinks aisle, my friend and I found that they completely rearranged their liquid water enhancers. Prior to this, the Target nearby had a larger selection, but now Safeway did. Something caught my eye near the bottom of the rack, and I saw it as a must-buy.



I have no fond memories of Kool-Aid as I did not drink it as a child. I saw the commercials and wanted to join in the fun that the mascot brought with him, but I never did get to mix a packet of Kool-Aid in a pitcher of water like the children in the commercial. As an adult, I didn't drink Kool-Aid because I didn't like the idea of my calories coming from a liquid. Kool-Aid has put out low calorie powder mixes, but as stated in my previous post there are certain problems with powder mixes. I had a choice of grape, orange, cherry, and tropical punch, and I chose tropical punch because I love blue flavors.



Red in color, blue in taste

Alright, so once again, I get a liquid enhancer that has a deceptive color. Make no mistake, if you were served this flavor you would think that it tastes like blue. For 16 oz. of water, I used two squirts as I usually do, and I really do think that this tastes noticeably sweeter than Mio in two squirts. I liked the flavor and the aroma because it tastes like something named "tropical punch". I look forward to trying out other flavors offered by Kool-Aid.

Kool-Aid Liquid: Tropical Punch: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment