Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snickers Peanut Butter

There are some candies that are mainstays. These candies include Twix, Sour Patch Kids, and Warheads. These are candies that are so well known and so loved that it would be hard to improve on them. In-fact, trying to do so would probably tarnish the product; I mean, do McDonald's fries need any improving? Another product that has stayed relatively unchanged over the years is Snickers. Snickers may have other varieties outside of the good old original Snickers bar:

Snickers bars are delicious as is peanut butter, but as I've learned in my previous experiences, combining two good things rarely produces something better than its parts. However, Snickers is a candy bar that I like very much and I enjoy peanut butter, so I decided to give it a chance.

As you can see, Snickers Peanut Butter comes in squares



A cross-section of Snickers Peanut Butter squares

Let's get to the point, little was improved with this candy bar. It's a bit smoother than an original Snickers bar, but otherwise I can't say it was any better than an original Snickers. There were still whole peanuts in the bar to go along with the peanut butter in the bar, so I suppose if you really like peanuts you would like this candy bar. I couldn't taste any caramel, and I rather like caramel in Snickers bars, so I guess that's a bit of a minus with this bar. Overall, it was good, but I wouldn't choose it over an original Snickers bar.

Snickers Peanut Butter: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment