Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ghiradelli Cookies Jubilee

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I'm not a fan of the Ghiradelli brand of products. I believe that if you want to pay double or triple the price of a Hershey's bar, you're best off buying a Milka bar, Hershey's Delights, or something from Lindt. However, call me a sucker, because I can't not buy new candy when I see it:


Who's ready for moments of timeless pleasure? Anyway, this is Ghiradelli's take on cookies & cream bars. The Hershey's Cookies & Cream is one of my favorite candy bars, and I haven't seen many other companies try out cookies & cream, so I decided I might as well try this out.


Back of the bar


A Cookies Jubilee square

As you can see, at the bottom of the square there's a layer of milk chocolate, which should add another dimension of flavor. At best, I found this bar to be good, at worst, I found it to be a bit ho-hum. The flavor is not overly sweet, but I was hoping for more richness. Texture wise it was quite smooth, and it left a smooth feeling in my mouth, but I was hoping that would also include a richer flavor. Imagine eating bread with butter, only to not have your tongue pick up any of the richness of the butter. That's how I felt about this bar.
As I mentioned at the top, if I were to spend more money on a chocolate bar that was not Hershey's, I would go for the above listed items. At around $3 - 4, I think you should buy two or three Hershey's Cookies & Cream bars instead.

Ghiradelli Cookies Jubilee: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment