Friday, September 21, 2012

UHA Mikakuto Sakuranbo No Uta

Cherry is a candy flavor that I believe divides people. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people are okay with it. It's not as bad as banana when it comes to dividing people, but it divides people nonetheless. I remember one student that I had that loved cherry everything. I've also had students who say they hate it because it tastes like cough syrup. Personally, my favorite Starburst has always been the cherry one. I think cherry Mike & Ikes are the best ones, besides the lime ones. However, I'm not that big on cherry cordials nor do I like cherry flavored Mio. I could go on and on about how much I like Diet Cherry Coke, but let's please move on to the candy at hand


UHA Mikakuto is one of the candy companies I recognize because of the nervous looking guy they have on their stuff. They make many of the candies I love, such as Puccho, Shigekix, and e-Ma lozenges. With such an excellent track record, I decided to buy this candy, which frankly seemed a bit plain Jane to me. The packaging looks like it's more appropriate for a children's book than it is for a candy. However, packaging can be deceiving


A cherry candy

This is one of those few cases where I did not like a cherry flavored candy and a situation in which UHA has disappointed me. At first, the candy tasted a bit too much like medicine, which I didn't like at all. Then, there was a yogurt-like smell that began to emerge which confused me a bit. Maybe those kids on the bag were accidentally processed into the candy when those cherries were picked, who knows? Anyway, I stuck through to the end to see if there was anything special in the center, and there was not. Plain name, plain game.

UHA Mikakuto Sakuranbo No Uta: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment