Friday, September 28, 2012

Lindt Lindor Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Truffles

When it comes to chocolate, the Lindt brand is one that's often brought up in my posts. I don't know when I decided that the Lindt wast he superior choice when it came to higher priced chocolates that you can find at supermarkets, but it was certainly after trying many different brands. I think I really like Lindt and Hershey's Bliss line because they are very rich compared to other higher priced supermarket chocolates. When you eat a Lindor truffle, it feels like you may have put a bit of butter into your mouth. And it's not just the texture that appeals to me, the flavor is also very rich compared to the other brands.


Admittedly, this was a flavor that I put off trying just because I'm not a big fan of hazelnuts. I've often associated hazelnuts with Ferrero Rochers, and while I don't dislike Ferrero Rochers, I've just never really been into hazelnut. I know there are many people who enjoy Nutella, and I'm okay with Nutella, but I won't go gaga over it. If given the choice between Nutella and peanut butter, I'd probably go with the peanut butter. Now a real craze that needs to catch on is the speculoos craze. There's a spread that's worth raving about, but onward to the review.


That's right, the Lindt company forces that one man to make every truffle one by one or else he'll never see his family again


A hazelnut truffle split in half

Well, if there's one fault I can find in these truffles, it is that they often taste too similar to each other. Sometimes when buying a new flavor, I am a bit disappointed because I expect the flavors to be very different from each other. What do I mean? Well, their white chocolate truffle and stracciatella truffle taste very similar. Their vanilla one doesn't taste too far off from their white chocolate one either. It is only when they get into flavors such as peanut butter and raspberry that you really taste the difference between the truffles.

This truffle tasted very much like their milk chocolate truffle, except with VERY subtle hints of hazelnut. I won't say that I didn't like it, but again, I was a bit let down. I guess I was expecting this to have the texture of a Lindor truffle with the flavor of a Ferrero Rocher, but what I got was a slightly crunchier Lindor milk chocolate truffle. It is by no means bad, as I love the Lindor truffle line, but it's nothing to get excited over.

Lindt Lindor Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Truffles: 8.5/10 (-0.5 for slight disappointment)


No comments:

Post a Comment