Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Japan Loot part 2

And here's the second installment of Japan Loot.


A bag of gummy soda flavored candy. I was told by Phil and Karina that the melon soda flavored was the best tasting one. I've never been that big of a fan of melon soda (refer to my adventure with the Brothers Wong), so I wasn't TOO excited. However, because you don't really see melon sodas outside of Asian supermarkets, and because I had no idea what "white soda" was, I had to try this candy next.


White soda gummy on the left, melon soda gummy on the right

I tried the white soda gummy first. The first thing I noticed was that I really like the texture, it was a cross between gummy worms and soft gummy bears, so they weren't too tough and they weren't too soft either. The flavor was like blue colored soda candies, so it wasn't bad, but it wasn't overly impressive. However, due to the texture, I enjoyed this candy quite a bit.

Next was the melon soda gummy. This candy really did taste like melon soda. As I've stated previously, I'm not a fan of melon soda, but I'll be damned if this gummy wasn't really good. Its texture was the same as the white soda gummy, and as I stated, I really liked the texture.

White Soda and Melon Soda Gummies: 8.5/10

Next up we have...

I'm going to assume Purple Yam flavored Crunky. While Phil and Karina were in Japan, I asked Phil to get me something ridiculous. This was his response. I've had Crunky before, and I've always viewed it as a ricier Krackel bar or Crunch bar. Even though purple yam is well known among the Asian community, there aren't many purple yam flavored candies available in the U.S.A.

Alright, so you may be asking, "Where's a picture of the candy, you jerk?" Well my response is I had a picture, BUT it got corrupted and I didn't feel like taking another picture. Lucky for me, the candy basically looks like it does on the box, so you're not really missing out on much. I didn't really taste the purple yam. Maybe it was just colored with purple yam. It didn't taste quite like chocolate, so I know that it was flavored with something. However, I'm not sure what it was flavored with. Despite the mystery, I still liked it. It was creamy and there were many little crunchy bits in there.

Purple Crunky: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment