Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Japan Loot part 3

This next item was brought to me because Phil said that he saw my post about chocolate and strawberries:


Chocolat Dessert: Dessert of Strawberry & Milk. The box and pictures reminded me of Melty Blend. I noticed that on the picture of the strawberry, they have milk or some sort of cream being drizzled on it, but no chocolate to be near it. Anyway, I thought I would want to write about something that wasn't chocolate after reviewing the Purple Yam Crunky yesterday, but I felt like strawberries and chocolate regardless of that


A picture of a cube outside its wrapper. I tried dissecting it to get a good look at the middle. Things did not go well

The flavor, like with Milka Strawberry Yogurt, made sense. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but people love chocolate covered strawberries, so I think it's time that strawberry chocolates were more widely available in my area. I don't know about the rest of the U.S.A., but I don't see Hershey's Strawberry Chocolate bar or anything being made. The closest thing I've seen are Strawberry Whoppers and PB&J M&Ms.

Back to the candy at hand, I thought it was very good as well. The strawberry smell and flavor was apparent as I put the candy in my mouth, and as it melted I tasted the chocolate. I noticed that if I chewed right through the candy though, the chocolate would overwhelm the strawberry. The only downside I would say to this candy is that it was a little too sweet, but that's not always a bad thing. Again, Phil and Karina are 4 for 4.

Chocolat Dessert Strawberry & Milk: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment