Thursday, April 8, 2010

Candy randoms: Miscellaneous 7-11 cubes

While I was out on a Diet Brisk Ice Tea run at 7-11 (99 cents for a liter), I decided to give the items near the cashier the time of day. Usually I see some generic baked goods, like cookies, there or sometimes they have bananas there for some reason. This time I saw these:

The flavors that I didn't get were Chocolate and Chocolate Almond I believe. How often do you see things that are Vanilla Cherry flavored anyway? And I always love things that have peanut butter in them, so I figured that was my safety if I didn't like the Vanilla Cherry cubes.

These things can be described as cubes of fudge. I decided to taste the Vanilla Cherry flavor first, because as stated before, Peanut Butter was my safety. The Vanilla Cherry, in a word, was amazing. If you've ever had cherry flavored ice cream, this cube is very reminiscent of it except sweeter. I didn't expect to be wowed by an impulse buy, but this cube proved me wrong. It even had bits of candied cherries in them. Next I tried the Peanut Butter cube. This was disappointing as it did not have that much of a peanut butter flavor and it was quite gritty. I didn't expect my safety cube to be the one that would disappoint me.

The next time you're at your local 7-11 and you see these cubes, you should definitely get the Vanilla Cherry cube. If you're a fan of cherry ice cream, as I am, then you will absolutely love it. I don't know how they did it, but this candy has convinced me that more things should taste like this. However, knowing the items near the cashier at 7-11, these won't last long, so you should go see if they're available at your local 7-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment