Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Twix PB: The Red-Wrappered Step Child

I was meaning to do this entry some time ago, but some other candies got in the anyway. Anyway, the two commonly available Twix are the classic caramel Twix, which is a 10/10 when it comes to candy, and Twix PB which I usually find near the checkout at stores. I remember back when I was younger, probably when I was in elementary school, I loved Peanut Butter Twix. Of course I loved the regular Twix as well, but I recall REALLY liking Peanut Butter Twix for some unknown reason. It disappeared for a while, and it wasn't until probably around high school that I finally ate another Peanut Butter Twix. I decided to try it again and I was kind of disappointed. I'm not going to say that it was bad, but it certainly nowhere nearly as good as I remembered. It was like one of those moments where you see a cartoon or movie that you used to really like as a kid and then realizing it was pretty mediocre.

After that time I had pretty much stuck with regular Twix and chose not to touch Twix PB. Well it's been years since I last had a Twix PB, and with the creation Stephen Loves Candy, I decided I should at least analyze its faults.

The reason the regular Twix is a fun-sized one is because I bought a huge bag full of them and didn't feel it necessary to buy a full sized one.


The cookie in the Twix PB is a black one as opposed to the brown one in the regular Twix. The cookie in the Twix PB is also much more crumbly than the one in regular Twix. The texture of Twix PB is in fact much softer and crumbles easier than Twix regular, which I argue makes it last a shorter period of time in your mouth. If you're looking on the bright side, that means you can eat it faster than a regular Twix. In terms of flavor, as I've stated before, I'm a big fan of peanut butter, but I don't like the kind in Twix PB. The peanut butter in Twix PB is something along the lines of extra creamy. It's a bit too smooth for my liking. At this point I feel like I'm nit-picking. I will say that Twix PB is not a bad candy bar, but rather I had high expectations for it because it's a Twix product. However, you can also see on the wrapper it says "Also try Twix Caramel". Even Twix PB knows that it will disappoint those who love regular Twix.


Hail to the king, baby! This is a top 3 when it comes to best candy bars. I apologize for the appearance of the bar; it was a bit softer than I had expected when I broke it in half. What's not to like about this candy bar? It's so good they give you two in a pack. The caramel isn't too soft or too sticky. The cookie has a nice crunch. All of this is covered in delicious chocolate and wrapped in a golden wrapper. There's not much more to say, other than if you don't like Twix you probably can't appreciate life either.

To sum things up, the Twix is better than Twix PB, but Twix PB isn't a bad candy bar. Maybe you can enjoy it better if you pretend it's not affiliated with Twix, otherwise you'll be somewhat disappointed that it's carrying the Twix name.

No comments:

Post a Comment