Thursday, May 27, 2010

A cereal flavored snack

Alright, so one day when I was in the European market, while I was stocking up on candy, I saw another patron buy a bag of something that I knew nothing of. Basically it looked like a bag of some sort of chip or snack product. The next time I came in, I decided to try something outside of the candies, so I grabbed a bag of something or another. This is what I bought:


The best I could tell on the drive home was that this was a product of the Republic of Serbia. Smoki I guess is a type of snack...or something I don't know. Flips sa kikirikijem means peanut flavored snacks or something. I didn't research anything past the "Republic of Serbia" part until after I tried the snack



So this is what it looks like. It reminds me of a corn puff snack or something. Nothing quite odd about the appearance of the snack


The first thing I noticed when I opened the bag was there was a peanut smell coming from the bag. AfterI ate one I thought to myself, "I guess this tastes alright." I kept eating and when I found that it reminded me of Cheetos or some other curl/puff snack combined with Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. Yes, it tastes like savory PB Cap'n Crunch with the texture of a Cheeto. I'm not saying it was bad, but it was definitely different. You don't see peanut flavored puffs around. I'm going to give these to my students (the ones WITHOUT peanut allergies) and see how they feel about it. Personally, I thought they were okay. However, after eating a few they do start tasting a bit oily as well, but I didn't get sick of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment