Thursday, May 20, 2010

Roses and chocolates

I'm not a big fan of fruit jelly candies. I'm not saying that I don't like them, but I wouldn't prefer them over something like chocolate or something else. However, when I went to the European market, I got a box of what seemed to be jellies. They had two flavors, one I assume was some sort of nut flavor and the other was rose. As you can see from my previous picture of the stash of candy, I chose the rose one. I thought it would be interesting to try a floral flavored candy.


Okay, according to Google Translate, this box reads "Bosnian Jewel". I have no idea what anything else on the box reads. I do know that the box looks very nice though


Jellies inside the box


When I first bit into this candy, the first thing I noticed was that it was extremely sweet. It was as if they had jellied sugar and made it sweeter. Then I noticed the rosy smell which didn't appeal to me, but it wasn't bad either. I gave some of these out to some students and they said that it was the equivalent of eating pure sugar. I'd have to agree with them. Overall, not bad, but it's nothing special except for the fact that it's ridiculously sweet.

Next on the list is a candy I really wanted to try:


I had read about Kinder brand chocolates before, but I never had tried them. With the new market, I can purchase different Kinder chocolates. These Schoko Bons are individually wrapped "eggs" of chocolate with what seems to be hazelnut inside


An individually wrapped Schoko Bon


A Schoko Bon unwrapped


The inside of a Schoko Bon


I have to say that I rather liked this candy. It had a nice semi-crunchy texture, probably due to the hazelnut filling and it tasted good as well. The scent of hazelnut wasn't really apparent, but I suppose people prefer the smell of chocolate anyway. I also like that they come individually wrapped; it makes it easier to share these than it would be with a chocolate bar. Anyway, I look forward to trying future Kinder products.

No comments:

Post a Comment