Sunday, May 23, 2010

We'll hit Turkey, then 5th Avenue

Alright, so I bought the walnut variety of the jellies I talked about before. Now my friend, Phil, thinks he's Mr. Smartypants by looking at the word "lokum" and conclude that these must be Turkish delights. Well I tell you what, he's lucky that I trust him over Google Translate. Anyway, despite how ridiculously sweet the rose flavored variety was, I decided to give the walnut variety a chance:


As you can see it's walnut. I think


An open box

So whereas the rose variety had a distinct floral smell, this one had a very scant walnut scent. It was hard to notice that it was walnut, and it felt as if I was just eating chewy sugar. Again, this was ridiculously sweet, and I'm going to try to shuffle these off to my students. I also decided to write about another unknown candy bar:


I've seen 5th Avenue bars around, but I've never really been tempted before to get them. The description is pretty simple, "Crunchy Peanut Butter in Rich, Chocolatey Coating"


Yeah, it kind of broke as I was unwrapping it. As you notice, there's nothing that really separates it from other candy bars


The inside was incredibly crumbly

The candy bar that I can best relate a 5th Avenue bar to is a Butterfinger. Yep, it's pretty much a more peanut buttery Butterfinger. I don't see why I can't find them more places. I guess Butterfingers are bigger, marketing wise; they did have a whole period where the Simpsons were doing advertisements for them. Anyway, I guess if Butterfingers sell better, there's no need to sell something that's almost like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment