Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wonka Fruit Marvels: Not so marvelous, but not bad

It seems as if the Wonka company can't seem to top anything it made in the 90's and early 2000's. They seem to put out products that are sub-par at best, and they only really count as candy because they're sweet and in some sort of shape. Take for example the recent Golden Ticket promotion that Wonka has been trying to promote. With the promotion they introduced a new line of chocolate bar. Those chocolate bars lacked richness or any kind of depth, and outside of the fancy packaging, I'd rather have a Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar. For a factory that prides itself on chocolate, they sure aren't that good at making it.

Needless to say, outside of Gobstoppers or Nerds, I don't expect anything from the Wonka company to be any good. Even with lowered expectations, I expected this next candy from the Wonka company to be somewhat decent:

I have no idea how long they've had Wonka Fruit Marvels, but I've recently just seen them. Flavors outside of white grape include grapefruit, orange, and some other citrus fruits I can't remember. Like I stated before, when purchasing this candy, I had no expectations going in.


Back of the box


Shiny purple bag inside of the box that holds the candies



A Wonka Fruit Marvel

This candy comes in two parts: the hard outer shell and the gummy center. The outside is somewhat chalky, but has an okay flavor. After a few seconds, you can then bite down on it and get to the gummy center. It's at this point that the candy gets sort of confusing. It definitely wasn't bad, but it was different. It felt like there was a mess in my mouth seeing as how there hard candy pieces mixed with gummy candy.

Would I get this candy again? Probably not. I didn't hate it, but I didn't find it to be marvelous. Like I stated in the beginning, over the years the Wonka brand has disappointed me. The candies that they put out that I like have been available for years, and their new creations are never really all that good. Candy must have really sucked in the 70's if everyone was going crazy over Wonka products like they did in the book and the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment