Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lacy Japanese chocolates that I don't understand

Okay, so this is another item that I have no idea about. I saw these chocolates at a Japanese market and thought, "Why not?" I've tried other Japanese chocolates like Crunky and such, so why not try this? Well first off, I have no idea what the boxes are saying. All I know is that they're some sort of chocolate and they look all lacy. There's also the word Sasha in front of chocolate. I can only assume that these are called "Sasha Chocolates". Because I didn't know what these were, I decided to take a chance and buy them.

What I think is caramel on the left and original on the right. Outside of the words Sasha Chocolate, I know nothing else.


I decided that Original would be the best way to start things off


There's some sort of writing on the top flap of the box. Each of the chocolates is individually wrapped


It is quite fancy looking

How did it taste? Well it's pretty brittle and the taste is definitely chocolate. I can't say that it's better than other chocolates that I've had. Overall it didn't impress me that much outside of its design.

Next up:


The picture on the left seems to indicate that it's caramel and crack flavored

The inside is the same except orange


The lighter part of the chocolate is a tinge yellower than the original flavor

This one definitely had a hint of caramel in it. I liked this one a bit more than the original because of the slight caramel flavor. I suppose the flavor could also be interpreted as butterscotch or something along those lines. This was definitely my favorite of the bunch.

Lastly:


This one is even more confusing than the other ones because I have no idea what the picture is supposed to be. It's like chocolate spaghetti with two tiny fruits on top. Again, I have no idea what it is. This is also the only one that has a picture of a person. Who is that person? I don't know


This time things are a lot redder


This one is even more yellow than caramel

This was the most interesting of the group and my least favorite flavor. It tasted like preserved plum or something along those lines. It could also be mistaken as paprika flavored. I have no idea what they were going for, but I know that I didn't like it. I suppose some things even chocolate can't make better

Well, it would definitely be appreciated if someone could correct me on these as I would like to know what the name of these products are. I would also like to know what the last flavor was. I probably wouldn't buy these again because they didn't wow me and they cost a lot more than typical chocolate. Well, I guess the last flavor did wow me, but not in a good way. Yep, I'll probably buy more candies I'm not familiar with, and hopefully next time they'll be a lot better than this bunch was.


No comments:

Post a Comment