Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Treasures from the Far East (Europe)

After some time of writing entries about candy, I realized that most of the candy I was writing about was either from the United States or Asia. Of course I have yet to try all the candies of either places, but I felt like I was leaving people out. My friend, Rubab, suggested that I do reviews on candies from Europe. The problem here was that, unlike Asian markets, I've never really seen a European market. Luckily, she recommended a place, and that led to finding out about even more places. Apparently, European markets exist, they're just not as big as Asian markets.

It was pretty hard to find the particular market I went to today because I had no idea that it was so small. In fact, I got lost yesterday, and gave up. Today I was able to find it though, and I was amazed at what I saw. The market I went in was pretty small, but they used the area to its fullest. Everywhere I turned there were snacks, preserved foods, and candies in languages I couldn't even try to understand. Everyone in there seemed to speak some form of Eastern European language, I'm not sure what it was. I'll just say it was Russian for now, just to make things convenient. I went by picture alone and grabbed whatever caught my eye. The cashier was very nice and she said that it looked like I knew what I was doing. Well here are the items that I picked up today:


All of this cost me a little over $25, but that's a lot of candy


Here's one part of the candy


Here's the second part. Yes, I did buy duplicates because I expect my students to ravage some of this

I don't know when I'll get to write about all these. I don't think that I'll be able to write about ALL of them either seeing as how I'm planning to share some of this with my class. The most interesting one to me is the chocolate bar that has a little bomb on it. According to the label it's fizzy chocolate.

I'd like to thank Rubab for helping me find out about these places, and now I am able to go back and forth between European, Asian, and American candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment