Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dear Twix: Just stop it

If you recall, I am not a fan of Twix PB. Original Twix or Twix Caramel is probably one of the best candy bars out there, so I suppose it's understandable that they could only get worse. They haven't come out with a new variety of Twix in a very long time. In fact, the last kind they had was Dark Chocolate Twix, and they didn't keep those around for very long. That's why, when I saw Twix Triple Chocolate, I knew that I had do an entry about them.

The concept of chocolate flavoring doesn't really appeal to me. I like candy bars, but I can't understand why people like chocolate flavored things like chocolate ice cream. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I feel a flavor like vanilla covered in chocolate syrup is much better than chocolate ice cream. Also I'm not a fan of Cocoa Puffs. However, I love chocolate, again just not chocolate covered things.

It may look like fancy French, but believe me it's "Chocolate" not "Chocolat"


Looks about the same as any other Twix


The caramel and cookie are noticeably darker, though not as dark as Twix PB

Basically the aroma of chocolate in this variation of Twix was very strong, obviously because it is Triple Chocolate. That means that there is chocolate flavoring in the cookie and the caramel, hence the darker color. What I noticed was that the chocolate aroma reminded me a lot of Cocoa Puffs. Even the caramel sort of reminded me of Cocoa Puffs. Twix Triple Chocolate also seemed sweeter than Original Twix.

I wouldn't put this as one of my favorites. I'm not even sure if I'd put this over Twix PB. The only thing that this has over Twix PB is that it has caramel, while Twix PB does not. Overall it was not disappointing, but like with Twix PB, the Twix company is messing with something that is already perfect, so please stop, it's not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment